Welcome to RANT Community the new home of RANT Events
Public Data Privacy Notice
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that can be used to identify an individual living person, either through the use of a single or combination of data sets. You have the right of control over who uses your personal data, what it is used for, and what the legal basis for this processing is.
Who are we?
RANT Events Ltd. (RANT) is a membership community comprising of end-user (i.e. not employed by a security vendor or consultancy) cyber security and information risk management practitioners. RANT provide a variety of services and resources including networking events, round tables, breakfast briefings, white papers, and webinars to its members.
How do we process your personal data?
RANT take an approach of data minimisation and as such will only collect and process personal data required to deliver membership services to you. The personal data that we collect includes:
- Name – to create a unique membership record for you, and against which to log event attendance and allocation of CPE credits.
- Email address – to allow us to send you invitations to events and notify you of other RANT community benefits and resources.
- Phone number – to provide a less transient contact method than a corporate email address, and to be able to provide a personal invitation to an event that we feel might be of interest to you based on your previous attendance.
- Employer and job title – to ensure you meet the RANT membership criteria, and to provide broad demographic information to RANT of its membership base for the purpose of research and development in identifying relevant content and potential areas of interest for topics of discussion.
- Industry of employer – to provide you with specific event invitations and information that we believe to be relevant to your industry. We may supply potential event sponsors with broad anonymised membership demographics around the industry to ascertain if there is alignment for their proposed collaboration and topics for discussion.
- Photographs – Registrants should be aware that photographs may be taken at any RANT event. RANT may use these photographs for marketing and promotional purposes, including inclusion on the RANT website and in RANT publications. By completing the registration process for our events, registrants consent to RANT taking such photographs and using them for such purposes.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
The legal basis we use for processing your personal data is the contractual necessity for RANT Events to provide membership services to its community, including notifying individuals of upcoming events, industry-related resources, and the collection of CPE credits. RANT membership can be cancelled at any time by sending a written request to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may unsubscribe from RANT Events’ mailings by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
Sharing your personal data?
Any personal data supplied to RANT Events as part of the membership sign-up process is not shared. RANT may share with prospective event partners, anonymised data relating to the industry of your employer, as provided during registration. The majority of events hosted by RANT are sponsored by a third party and as such, you are notified during the registration process for each event, whether your personal data will be shared with the sponsor(s); in such instances the data shared will be exclusively that which is provided via Eventbrite for the purpose of attending the event, and will be shared only with the named parties.
RANT conducts occasional anonymous surveys of its membership base in order to identify potential topics of interest for future events, and to gain feedback on past events; this data is not shared and any opinions expressed are not attributable to an individual data subject.
From time to time we may offer a prize draw as an incentive to those completing a RANT survey, and as such will need to identify you for the purpose of selecting a winner. In such instances, we will notify you at the time and point of data collection if your submission will not be anonymous and provide an alternative means by which you may submit your response anonymously without entering the prize draw.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We only retain and process your data for the duration of your RANT Events membership. If at any point you decide not to maintain your membership, or we deem your membership status to have become inactive, we will remove your personal data from our systems. We will only keep records of the events which you have attended for the purpose of verifying your attendance for CPE credits relating to professional certifications, and to provide RANT with an accurate record of attendance.
How to access and control your personal data?
Please visit http://www.rantevents.com/individual-rights to view and exercise your rights around your personal data; how you may submit a Subject Access Request to understand what data we hold on you and how we use it; or to lodge a complaint about our use of your data.
Please visit http://www.rantevents.com/cookies to read about the cookies used on our website, their purpose, and how you may manage the use of them across various browsers (including blocking them altogether).
Data Protection Officer
For any questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data by RANT Events, or to make a subject access request, please send details of your inquiry to our Data Protection Officer, Chris Batten at email@example.com.